Over the last week I've been clearing the black plastic pond and the area near it to put up a garden shed.
Last week I moved all the waterplants I wanted down to the bath. This week I needed to remove all the other waterplants but I've put them into tubs and buckets in case others want them. The empty pond is now clearing well and I'll be able to rescue any fish and watersnails soon and move them to the bath.
The other mess to be dealt with is all the Clivea at the other end of the paving. You can see it in the top photo.
Luckily I have wonderful neighbours who have allowed me to fill one of their green bins with all the Clivea rubbish. This is now a total of 3 full green bins.
Under all the leafy part there was a huge clump of roots to chop away. The photo below shows it down to about 1/3 of the original clump.
This was very heavy work and after most of the day working on this area yesterday I now have a clear spot. I might plant violets in that space later. The Clivea covered all the dark patch in the photo below.
Soon I'll have some empty green bins once they are emptied next week and I'll have somewhere for the rest of the green waste from this process.
Once this is all done I'll be able to put up the new garden shed. I think I'll need a team of helpers for that job as you need bits held together while someone pop-rivets them together. I've done it before so I know what I'm in for.
Your garden will rocket away in spring, after all your tidying and rearranging.
ReplyDelete