This morning Kerrie and I headed off on our trip to Mungo NP, a place that has been on my bucket list for about 40 years. Surrey and I never actually made it so now is my chance.
We left home at about 8:30 in intermittent rain then stopped at Marulan for morning tea at our favourite cafe after a browse in The Shed junk shop. They actually had some glass bowls that Stephanie might like.
I was able to pair my phone to my car and we could then listen to an audiobook I had borrowed - Dr Karl, Periodic Tales - not really bedtime reading. It is quite interesting.
We then headed for Yass and arrived at our prebooked motel (Hi Way Motor Inn) by about 12:30. To get a bit of exercise we walked into town and also to find some lunch. The local school has an amazing mural along a sport field retaining wall.
The sheep and tree in one spot are being kept warm by some knitted blankets and look so content that they don't actually move.
The streets are lovely and wide and in places have beautiful trees on both sides and down the middle.









A nice start to your trip. It’s good to get off the highway and see some of the bypassed towns. A great mural at the school.
ReplyDeleteLove the sheep! Hope the weather is better for you out west.
ReplyDelete