Friday 26 May 2023
A late breakfast again today as we only had about 200km to drive back to Marree (our destination for tonight.
As we had driven though quite quickly into William Creek, Michael had found a lot to see on our way back.
Our first stop was Beresford Dam and railway station.
Next we stopped at Coward Springs to buy morning tea at a caravan cafe that served freshly baked date scones made with their own dates. This was also a caravan park and adjoining wildlife refuge with a wetland. We even saw brolgas both in the air and on the ground.
A little later we stopped at the Wamba Kadarbu Mound Springs Conservation Park and were able to see two different springs as there were walkways built up to the tops of them. This is where artisean basin water is being forced up to the surface by pressure differences. One of the springs actually bubbled.
Our lunch picnic, supplied by William Creek Pub, was at the Curdimurka Station on the old Ghan railway.
After lunch we drove into the Lake Eyre Viewing Platform but I was really pleased we had flown over it because it allowed us to see so much more detail.
Eventually we arrived in Marree and I had to pay for 2 hours of wifi so that my photos would upload. This happened very slowly but at least I was able to update the words on the blog even if I could not get many pictures up.
Love it! Judy SK
ReplyDelete