We seem to be getting well into our routine of up at 6am, breakfast at 7am and in the coach by 8am. We left our outback accommodation and had our Sunday church service on the road in the coach called the 'Church of the Travelling Saints'.
At Wilcannia we headed west again towards Broken Hill through more wide open spaces. Occasional trees dotted the plains covered in grasses and saltbushes.
A short toilet break for some resulted in Bob leading a morning exercise class with those left on the coach. I had gone for a very short walk to find the wide leaved grass and the saltbush we'd been seeing.
At Little Topar we stopped for morning tea and again I went for a bit of a walk around the parking area to look at saltbushy plants and was really surprised to find at least 6 different ones. There was also a flock of Zebra Finches on the fence. It was fascinating to watch them swishing through the air and landing back on the fence.
Our next stop was Broken Hill at the Silver City Art Centre and enjoyed a viewing of the huge mural. There was a lot of stuff for sale but I did buy a tiny steel sculpture of 5 little wrens.
After lunch at the Tourist Information Centre our next stop was the Pro Hart gallery where amongst all the colourful art works there were lots of paintings of dragonflies. But there was one little pale green dragonfly just the colour I want in the kitchen so needless-to-say I now own one.
We were then able to settle into our rooms at the motel before heading out to the Broken Hill Sculptures and Living Desert Sanctuary where Kerrie and I set of looking for plants and any wildlife we could find. We took lots of pictures of unusual plants, the wide open spaces and the colours in the rocks.
We were most disappointed that the cloud cover meant that we would not see the sunset.
We headed back to the coach and were all loaded into our seats when someone noticed a tinge of red in the clouds so a few of us ran back up the path and were greeted by an amazing display of colour.
Back to the motel and dinner in a very overheated dining room considering we all had our warm gear on. Dinner was, of course, delicious again. I was so tired by 7:30 with the heat and the food that I would have gone straight to bed if Kerrie had not refused to let me and I was able to catch up on listening to my audiobook.
No comments:
Post a Comment