The usual crowd went down to Underhill to start burning off rubbish around the place and general clearing up and 'mowing' in the clearing. The girls were fascinated and excited with the sparkles from the fire and were happy to collect more brush to add to it.
We also cleared the rock/brick heap near the back of the shed so that we are ready to 'mow' there next time we go down. Unfortunately the gate from the old yard is well set in concrete so we might just have to leave it as a 'memorial gate'.
Lots of time during April (and even March and into May) was spent visiting Mum in hospital. The rehab hospital she was in had a fantastic common room which I walked her to on one occasion.
Another weekend was spent near Berry where Janice, Rauri and I had fun playing 2D Rummicub (amongst other things). It is a great variation on the usual game.
One problem we had was that many of the stands had lost their legs so Geoff has made some new ones with his 3D printer and I will send those down as soon as I get to a post office.
Geoff and family came down for a day trip. The jerseys in the paddock near the house were very quiet and inquisitive, much to the girls' delight.
Janice's passion is creating mosaics and I just love the hens she has made to decorate the nest box doors from her old broken plates. Click on the picture to enlarge it.
Then on the day Mum went home to her own place I was greeted by a lovely rainbow when I arrived home.
No comments:
Post a Comment