After most of the week spent juggling furniture and trying to fit things into corners (and failing), ordering a wardrobe which I will now return on receipt, I have a bedroom ready for both short term and long term visitors.
Step 1 was to remove the desk from behind the door in the girls' room that Jen had been using as her office but no longer needs.
Step 2 was to move the filing cabinets in Bedroom 3 (guest bedroom and family history room) in to where the desk came from in the girls' room. This was lots of heavy lifting.
Step 3 was to put the desk into the spare corner of B3. I had ordered a small wardrobe to fit where the filing cabinets had been behind the door. This is where I failed. Although the desk theoretically fitted, it had to be inserted diagonally which did not fit. FAILURE!.
The filing cabinets did fit into the space they had so the corner of the girls' room is now my Family History storage.
Step 4 - I have now removed the yellow drawers that were the bedside cupboard in B3 and put the desk behind the door. It fits there really well.
Step 5 - cancel the wardrobe order - done!
Step 6 - clear the top of the wardrobe in B3 so there is a small amount of hanging space in that cupboard for guests. Now I need to return the fascia board that I removed to try and fit the desk in under the shelves. But I need two people for that job so will wait for the first person to walk through the door for a cuppa.
Step 7 was to sort out the girls' room so that we can still have our sleepovers.
While all this was happening Cathy passed down the books from the high shelves in the study and dusted. We moved Surrey's awards up to the top shelf and I have now sorted the whole centre bank of shelves in the study and I've even added another shelf. It means the very tall books now have to lie down but I can cope with that.
Next issue - the play carport and washing area has decided to start falling down so we very carefully removed everything from that space ready to demolish it. Today I contacted my builder and will just pay what is needed to have it dealt with.
My next creative task in the garden will be to rethink that area. What fun!
I now need to rethink where to hang my washing. It is all upstairs on racks at the moment.
Phew! I'm tired reading that.
ReplyDeleteThere’s never a dull moment at your place. I think y koi deserve a nice cuppa after all that effort.
ReplyDelete