Watching Nature

Thursday, 15 May 2025

A very productive morning

 Cathy came this morning and, as it was raining, we could not work in the garden. The kids had taken some of my books and left a enough space in my study to do a bit of cleaning.

So we worked through the bookshelves in the study taking everything off and only putting back what I wanted, where I wanted it. We finished one wall and were very pleased with the result.



After Geoff's visit I have started seeing stacks of books as artwork in themselves so I will now have to sort the books in each section in terms of height and colour as well as topic.

We started on the next wall but only did the top four shelves in the next of the three sections.

We will continue this job now that there is a little space on the first wall. And of course, there is the floor to deal with.

I've decided that as I can't actually read the spines on the very top shelves, that is where all the awards and keepsakes go rather than mixing them up on all the shelves where they can't be seen.

Now to think about sensible categories for all the plant books.

1 comment:

  1. You will have a beautiful, organised study. There is nothing better than a gorgeous bookshelf. It gives a lovely cosy feeling.

    ReplyDelete