Watching Nature

Tuesday, 13 May 2025

Garden watch

 So far the cockatoos have not found my dragonfruit. I have to wait until the little green wings start shrivelling before I pick it. That is an indication of ripeness. Meanwhile I am making cuttings and moving some of my other dragonfruit plants into sites with more sun.


My passionfruit are starting to ripen and there are plenty on the vine.


In the garage I have sorted a bit more and cleared a space for Alex's plastic containers when they eventually arrive. The false floor will keep them up out of the damp when we have heavy rains.


The cockatoos are absolutely loving the Podocarpus fruit both on and under our street trees.


I am also having fun with my hexie flowers and have one machine set up ready for the "blanket stitch" as I finish each one.

I've had a few days of sewing and spend my evenings handsewing hexie flowers in front of TV.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see your trees fruiting. Still having fun with the hexies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only learnt the other day what plant the dragon fruit grow on. Yours looks much healthier that’s the one I saw. Lots of fresh passion fruit will be delicious. Have fun with those hexies.

    ReplyDelete