Yesterday I had a solar battery installed! I won't be using it until July but at least it is all ready. The inverter that blew up a month ago has also now been replaced with a new one that is suitable for the battery and I now have solar power back, when the sun shines anyway. I am told the battery can have plants touching it so I hope to disguise it somehow because it is very white.
Today my wobbly carport was demolished and all the rubbish taken away including the stuff I had ready for a council cleanup.
Alan came to start the job and he was able to save my washing line and most of the passionfruit vine that I tipped to the side before he started. He also saved the hardwood cross beams for other building projects either in the garden or at Underhill.
When he got to the back section you could actually see how much the structure was leaning.
Three of the uprights had rotted below ground level.
The one back left was still well and truly in tact and about 80cm in the ground.
Cathy and I spent time searching for dropped roofing screws after Alan and Nathan had taken all the rubbish away. I wish I had had Geoff's wheely magnet, there would have been less crawling.
We then tipped the passionfruit vine back into the space in the hope that the fruit can be saved. It is nearly all ripe.
So here is my next space to be creative with but I am leaving it for a while to decide just what it might be useful for.
Of course we'll have to roll up the carpet from the floor and back fill with soil but as Cathy will be away for much of June any progress will be slow.
While the 'boys' were demolishing Cathy and I weeded the frangipani garden nearby and I now have 2 green bins full of rubbish mostly from that area including lots of frangipani prunings. I want to see where the under shrubs need pruning but I could not actually see to make decisions until we weeded.
What fun we can have over winter with more blank garden canvases to play with!
You won’t know yourself now you have a battery. They are the best. Lots happening in the back yard. As you say, a blank canvas. Fingers crossed for your passion fruit.
ReplyDelete