Watching Nature

Saturday, 18 January 2025

New hip

 On Thursday I received a shiny new left hip. I had the right one replaced about 7 years ago and according to the current doctor it was certainly time for this one to go. As he was popping the ball out of the socket it broke and hit the floor.

It is now time to train my brain and muscles to use this new hip so I'm working hard with doctors, nurses, and physios supported by people bring me meals (quite good) and clean the messes I leave everywhere.

I am now on crutches and can walk along the corridor, use the parallel bars and stairs in the gym, get myself to the toilet but I can't yet get back into bed on my own. I can't lift the operated leg. More exercise is needed for that to happen.

Many thanks for all your kind thoughts, positive vibes and prayers. Now it is time to get back to bed and listen to my audio book.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news, Betty! All the best, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are doing well post op. You'll be home in no time. Did you take some sewing in with you?

    ReplyDelete