Watching Nature

Tuesday, 21 January 2025

Day 5 discoveries

 Apparently the day of surgery is Day 0 so I am now at official Day 5. 

I've now discovered that there is no morning tea or afternoon tea trolley that comes around so after an hour at the gym I asked the nurse to make me one. Ahh! I am sitting drinking hot coffee with an ice pack on my leg. The nurse also made me a coffee at 7am this morning as I can't go along to make it then carry it back while I have two crutches to manage.

As I was sitting here listening to my audio book a man walked past at some distance and looked along to me vaguely and I also looked vaguely at him. Then I saw him come back with his wife (patient) and a daughter and recognised them all as neighbours of mine who left the street about a year ago. I walked along to say hello but unfortunately  Michelle is expecting to leave hospital today or tomorrow so I won't have a friend to chat to.

I'm still getting jabbed and plied with tablets of all sorts but am getting used to that system now so it is still pin cushions and maracas.

No, I lie, I can now hear the trolley coming along with tea and coffee! I've now got the low down...

  • 7am breakfast then tea/coffee
  • 10:30am tea/coffee
  • 12 noon lunch
  • 2pm tea/coffee (that is the one I miss while returning from gym so it is noted to leave one every time)
  • 5pm dinner
  • 7pm tea/coffee
Why is this not on a little leaflet?

Anyway, the staff are lovely, the food is great and once I get used to the system I'm sure all will be a bit better. The lovely Theo who is Michelle's husband has even just come along and asked if I'd like anything at the cafe and told me how to find it. I'll just keep asking and find out more gradually.


I now feel I've settled in for at least a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment