Watching Nature

Wednesday, 15 January 2025

January is flying past

The first few weeks of January have gone by in a blur. Geoff and family went down to Underhill and found more apricots which they have now dried or eaten. They brought some home to me to eat and they were delicious. They had ripened beautifully.


We had a great patchwork day and Stephanie showed of her idea for our 'black' quilt.

We had great fun on zoom with others too.

The upstairs shower recess was retiled (I have now blackened the joins in the black section).

And the leaky toilet water inlet has been fixed.

My grand-girls came for a 2-night sleep over and we had a great time together cooking, fabric play and learning to play French cricket. Of course we made up our own rules but had lots of fun.

Cathy and I experimented with removing soap scum and grime from the downstairs shower recess too.

Desley, Jack, Ed, Alby and Geoff and family came for a family gathering lunch. It worked much better getting together after the Christmas/NewYear chaos and the kids enjoyed playing together.

Last weekend I went to Berry to visit Rauri and Janice. Rauri is limited to his motorised wheel chair and Janice has now morphed into his full time carer but is also getting lots of help from various sources.

I enjoyed watching bunnies, butterflies, birds and even a Blue Banded Bee. 






Blue Banded Bees are incredibly difficult to photograph but great to watch as they buzz like drones from flower to flower. Here this one is enjoying Salvia and Tradescantia.

Yesterday I visited Mum who will be turning 102 this year! How amazing. She is still living 'independently' with daily visits from carers and delivery people of all sorts. Desley continues to do her shopping and is her emergency contact as she lives much closer to her. Many thanks to Desley.

No comments:

Post a Comment