Watching Nature

Wednesday, 1 January 2025

And so it goes

 I had such a full Christmas with singing and family. 

For the week before Christmas I had Ponyo come to stay while her family took a break away. I also had their 6 new chickie babes to look after.



In amongst all this the shower recess upstairs was retiled because the old tiles were falling off the wall rather drastically. I also noticed that the cistern inlet to the toilet up there has a leak but that can't be done until next week.


Mixed with all that chaos at home there was a lot of singing although I could not do the final performances of the Messiah this year. There was still plenty of music at church to enjoy.


Because we have two services on Christmas Eve and another Christmas morning, I choose not to travel an hour each way to go home. This year Lynette shared the hotel stay with me and we stayed at the Castlereagh Boutique Hotel. It is a magnificent old building and I would thoroughly recommend it.


After the final Christmas service I made my way out to Geoff's family and stayed over in their beautifully tidy guest bedroom.


In the evening we were joined by Ellen and her family and had a wonderful meal together on the verandah overlooking the water. (No photo of that sorry)


Then after a few days of RnR Chooky invited us to an all day sewing zoom marathon to end 2024. I was able to get two projects well underway. The first is a quilt that Elaine and I are doing jointly using lots of brown stash.


The second was to test the instructions I had written for our next Rainbow Connection Quilters group project. I think it will work well.

So now begins a new year, 2025. Hopefully we can all find something to give us joy and peace as the year progresses.

3 comments:

  1. A lovely way to end the year. It was nice to see you in Zoom and you sound organised for your stitching projects to start the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that block, it was great to see it come to life on zoom. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice time with all your outings.........was lovely to have you on zoom to finish the year..........

    ReplyDelete