Watching Nature

Saturday, 21 October 2023

Kitchen Renos #16 - Chaos and Cleaning

 Chaos reigns for a week or so in my house. Andreas and Simon came today to make sense of the mess that is in the back half of the house. The first thing was to move all my furniture to wherever it can fit in the rest of the house. My dining table and the spare dishwasher are outside in carports. The dining table will come back in as soon as possible but the dishwasher is excess to requirements.


I had one more dresser to sand while the mess was around so I did that while the boys cleared up around me.


Once the orange plastic curtain came down I spent some time upstairs sweeping some of the dust down the stairs ready for vacuuming and also turned on the fine dust filter that Geoff has lent me for the duration.


With the final dresser in the lounge room I now watch TV through a narrow line of view only.


But the back area is looking great with so much space.


At the moment we are being serenaded by tandem sanders working on my kitchen bench preparing it ready for me to oil and burnish some time.

To enjoy all this chaos with me I have Ivy and Heather who are learning to play with virtually nothing in a very small space. They are doing it very well indeed while Mummy and Daddy are out.

No comments:

Post a Comment