Watching Nature

Friday, 6 October 2023

A lovely Grandson day

 Last Monday Luke and I were able to go to the city for his birthday treat with Ma.


While I was waiting at the station to head in to the city I heard the sound of a steam engine and was able to photograph it as it passed.

Luke and I met at Kinokuniya for a quick browse then caught the light rail to Circular Quay where we had lunch at City Extra. As he had not had breakfast he really enjoyed a large late breakfast. 

We then went across to the Museum of Contemporary Art. One of the exhibits was a wonderful array of prints done by Simryn Gill using real plants from Maria's garden.


This has given me lots of ideas for my kitchen and pantry windows.




Luke then decided he'd like to visit Pa's tree. It has grown so much since he helped plant it in 2010. It has no leaves at the moment but new spring growth has started.


We then walked to the North Building of the Art Gallery of NSW and wandered its exhibits. We even went in to create some clay balls for the Making of Worlds exhibit.


Down in The Tank I was really impressed yet again by the use of changing light to view the space.


More walking across the Domain brought us past St Stephen's Church then to Martin Place Station where we caught a train home. While waiting to change trains at Wolli Creek Station I saw the steam train again. Such a lovely sound that trips so many memories.

I think Luke enjoyed his day out and I look forward to our next adventure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment