Watching Nature

Friday, 6 October 2023

Kitchen Renos #10 - Two weeks after demolition began

 The joiner came to finish patching the wooden floors this morning and then left. The renderer is not well so has not been able to come today. I'm not sure that any of the builders are coming tomorrow. However, the plumber will be coming to redo the gas line from the front of the house.

When the gas line for the stove in its new position was installed the plumber who did it decided to do a U-turn and follow the old line back towards the front of the house where the new entry point is needed.


In doing so he bypassed another possible entry point.


And eventually entered the kitchen where the new stove position is.


I was not pleased with this messy business and questioned why the old pipe (which apparently has issues anyway) could not be removed completely and a new pipe (about the same length as the new bit installed) installed from the gas meter itself.


Luckily the builder sent this option off to a plumber he is familiar with and it has been agreed that this will now be done (tomorrow). Here's hoping this looks a bit tidier.

I decided to open the blue door and see what the view is now that the flooring is complete and I am really happy. A few second hand floor boards were purchased to fill the gap between the old room where the walls were demolished.

The next big jobs are the rendering, the kitchen cupboards installed and then the floor sanding. After that is all done the dust will not be so bad and I might be able to open up again and have access to the back.

However, for the floor to be sanded and polished I will need to have all the furniture from the back room moved to my very cramped quarters in the front of the house. Then for a few days I might find living here rather uncomfortable due to both the smell and the cramped conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment