Watching Nature

Monday, 11 September 2023

A worrying few weeks

 About 6 weeks ago I noticed that my neck was lopsided with a swelling on one side so I went to my GP. After the following blood tests and ultrasound it was decided that I was an amazingly healthy old lady with a multi-nodular goitre. Today I visited the endocrinologist who looked at all the results and decided the nodules are benign but need monitoring to see what happens.

In 8 months I'll need more blood tests and scans to see if there has been any change.

Meanwhile I don't have kitchen works started but I do have lots of brick edges on my gardens having moved many car loads of bricks from Geoff and Jen's to mine. Thank goodness for my 4WD gloves.




But wait... there's more to stack but these are all broken ones. Maybe tomorrow...



There were two areas in the front where the grass was not growing well so Cathy and I realigned the edges to create extended gardens. We had a Bunnings trip the other day to get handles and brackets for the new kitchen so bought some new plants for instant colour and after adding a few bags of Geoff's compost we now have a lovely little corner garden.


After the rain last week the new plants are now doing quite well.



No comments:

Post a Comment