On Monday the builders are starting the kitchen renos for me (I hope) and tomorrow I'll be doing my last load of washing, dishwasher and sink wash-up for a while. I'll probably be able to use the washing machine at weekends but my microwave is in the study and I have a mini pantry in my lounge room.
I've got plenty of hand sewing for rainy days and will still be dog sitting and looking after Ivy and Heather occasionally with walks, board games and tablets. We'll have very little access to the back yard for play.
I hope all this is over by the time Geoff and Jen have sold their house and need to move in with me until they find another one of more suitable size for 2 children and 2 work from home adults.
If you would like to visit please just ring me and we'll make a date. I will also be going out as much as I can, especially when the builders are knocking things down. While they are here I will not be able to access any part of the house beyond my front hall but I will have my study, bedroom, lounge room, and bathroom so can actually live here. When the builders are not here I will have access to my laundry to find food in my freezers (I've prepared lots of frozen meals) and my fridge will be moved to the bathroom so I can access it at any time. The builders will be blocking off this door opening, hopefully with the door taken out of the pantry earlier this month.
Of course I'll be able to garden as long as it is fine and I hope to sand down and paint my little kitchen chair in the carport. However, my only access to the yard will be via the side drive so if it is raining that will not be fun.
Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers that I won't go utterly mad during this process.





No comments:
Post a Comment