Watching Nature

Monday, 25 July 2022

A busy weekend

 On Thursday when Cathy came Pernilla, Cathy and I transplanted the asparagus to an area where it could grow tall and not block the path. It is right in the corner of the yard in one of the raised beds. It used to be in adjoining ends of the tall and short raised beds.


Now it is in the far end of the lower raised bed and will have mesh above it so that it grows through it and is supported and will not fall over the path. I hope it works. After we planted it and put leaves on as mulch the heavens opened and it just bucked down all afternoon. Watering in well and truly done!

It does mean I won't be allowed to pick any asparagus this spring and maybe even next spring.

On Friday night the girls had a sleepover at mine. Pernilla bought us FishBox for dinner which was delicious and we introduced her to Abney & Teal.

On Saturday morning the girls really wanted to make some doll's clothes so we went upstairs, measured our dolls and set to. They chose some lace bits I had and then learned how to thread ribbon (which I also had) through the holes. We found more ribbon and some very pretty bows for bodices and decoration and I did the tiny bits of machine stitching as working with lace is a bit dodgy sometimes.

Of course with lacy skirts they needed petticoats so we could not see their non-existent undies.


The girls were so pleased with their results except they did wonder why a baby doll would have what looked like a wedding dress.

After the girls left I relaxed by completing my extremely difficult jigsaw puzzle. Click the picture to see the detail.

Yesterday I spent the day with Geoff and family and helped Geoff sort out his chook area. Fencing was moved, fruit trees pruned, lemons picked and trailer moved back down the side drive. We also all went for a lovely long walk to investigate some of the hidden (and very wet) parks in the area.

In all it was so nice to be with people again and back to my more normal lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment