Watching Nature

Thursday, 7 July 2022

One day post op

 Last night Stephanie collected me from the hospital and we had an evening together in front of TV. We binged all three episodes of Murder in Provence. I had to find one of Surrey's pirate patches because the watery eyes and clear plastic cover on my dominant eye meant I saw two, three and sometimes 4 of everything.


Stephanie stayed over then drove me to the doctor this morning.

All good and I've just had my first post op appointment. He says I can drive now and has written a letter to say so because my licence says I need glasses. I can't go to the optometrist till 4 weeks but as there is no panic about driving, that is OK. I can't read normal print unless I wear a pair of those cheap magnifying glasses. Surrey had quite a few pairs and luckily I kept one pair. At the time I had no idea why I was keeping them. I could not even read my phone enough to find Cathy's number and call her to come and collect me this morning from the doctor.

It is amazing just how much I can see distance wise. Everything is so clear. And with these x2 glasses on I can see typing really crisply. Maybe now those notes in the music won't keep changing pitch when I am trying to read music.


I am to have a very slow two weeks with drops for 4 weeks. The other eye is finished with the drops.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Betty, great news that you can see so well and very happy to hear it all went well. Take care and enjoy the rest. Lynette

    ReplyDelete