Watching Nature

Wednesday, 6 July 2022

A week with Stephanie

 In an attempt to avoid covid prior to my second cataract op I spent a week with Stephanie as Pernilla was arriving to mine after 3 flights from Sweden, a very dodgy thing with so much covid around.

What a week Stephanie and I had! 

The things I had taken to do was a huge basket of patches and cutting. I created a missing block for our group Shiny Blue quilt. I even incorporated one of my stand-alone paperless hexagons.


There were lots of scraps to trim into squares and plenty more hexagons to make.


We sorted colours for a new block (with the help of a glass of wine).


Then worked out some instructions for the block.

We spent a lot of time quilting on Stephanie's long-arm quilting machine because she had quite a lot of quilts to do for other people. I was gopher while she drove the machine.


When it was fine we did some gardening and I planted some shallot root ends that had come in my fruit and veg box. We used the tops to garnish some yummy pumpkin soup that I made when Stephanie had to go and look after her grand daughter one of the days.


It was very cold then rainy and windy for most of the week so our evenings were spent watching TV all rugged up in our dressing gowns.

Many thanks to Stephanie for opening her home to me when I needed to isolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment