I can now go back to touch typing and anything else I feel like. I have exercises to do x3 per day. I am not allowed to get my hand dirty so no cleaning out the chook shed and sorting the garage for a bit. I also cannot soak it, like in washing up or bath but as I have no bath and leave the washing up for visitors that is not a worry. However, I can shower and get it wet and can wash my hair. I even used a knife to butter my sandwiches for my lunch today.
The little hairy stitches will fall out gradually and I have to massage the wound with sorbolene cream or equivalent 3 times a day too. I have to wear my splint at night and nothing during the day unless I want sympathy. I have a little "sock" for that which I also wear under the splint. the splint is to ensure that my fingers remain straight which they have not done for some years now.
The surgeon and hand therapist say it is looking really good and they are both over the moon at the way it is healing.
Thanks to everyone who has helped while I've been useless.


No comments:
Post a Comment