Watching Nature

Thursday, 17 September 2020

Dressings are off again!

This afternoon the hand therapist removed my dressing and my hand is now free to do what it likes. It has healed well but I now have to do scar massage 6 times a day and exercises 4-6 times a day to keep my fingers flexible. This is going to keep me busy and I'll have to remember to do it. At night I have to wear a silicon patch, glove and splint to keep my fingers straight.

I am told 3-6 months before it is back to normal but at least it is no longer red and sore.

This morning I did lots of weeding with it (wearing excellent gardening gloves of course) and then did some patchwork. I am touch typing this entry so it looks as though all will be well. Cross your fingers for me, I can't cross mine properly yet.

So 3 weeks post op all is looking a feeling good albeit a little stiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment