Watching Nature

Saturday, 25 April 2026

The car saga - addendum

 Yesterday a lovely man came to my front door to ask if my car lights were supposed to turn off automatically. They were left on. 😱😱😱

He waited to see if it would start and when it would not he suggested I wait until today.

Although the car is all sparkly white and clean it had a flat battery. The lights had stayed on when I stopped.I guess it had been basically idle for nearly 4 weeks so it could not cope. If all else fails I'll call NRMA and probably have to get a new battery.

This morning after a coffee and when Alec was up with his jumper battery we were able to start it using up most of the charge in his portable battery starter. Paul (mechanic) came over the road to see if he could help and suggested that instead of just letting it idle it would be better if I took it for a drive so I drove out to Geoff's. After a tour of his garden he came out to the car with his little portable battery in case mine would not start again.

All good though. 😊😊😊

I am now back home and just hope that the car will start tomorrow when I need it to drive to Kogarah. Paul says the battery could die over the next week or so in which case I probably need a new one. 

1 comment: