Watching Nature

Wednesday, 6 May 2026

Stephanie's inspiration and Surrey's shirts

 While on my recent quilting retreat I watched Stephanie sew some blocks for her latest quilt. I decided that I could use that block design for a new project with Surrey's shirts. The resulting block is...


I've cut enough for the quilt top and while some sets are great others are a bit boring. However, when put together they are amazing.


While I was working on the sets I found a large piece of fabric that will be great for backing, binding or borders once the top it done. It throws it all into the warm group of colours. 

Of course Stephanie's inspiration was much more colourful but I just thought this was a great project to use for Surrey's shirts. 

I'm trying to work out how this could be a group project but I really can't see that working as the 12 fabrics you need for one block will actually make 12 blocks which is far too many to put in the post.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, Betty. It's good that S. had such an eclectic range of shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both versions look great and yours holds very special memories.

    ReplyDelete