The last few weeks have been spent sorting out the car and getting ready for Baradine. First I had a low slung hatchback from the hire car company and put up with that for a week.
In the meantime I made a batch of Quince Paste as I still had some quinces to use from the Underhill harvest.The awkward thing is that NRMA will only fund this for 7 days until the car repairer gets back to them with an estimate of when my car will be ready. But I am needing it for 14 days and won't be around to return it. I'm just going to wing it and keep it until the 14 days ends then return it. I'll then figure out who is paying what.
Then yesterday I had a wonderful day. We went to visit Gram first then met Desley and Jack with their grandies Alby and Frankie and visited the art gallery for lunch. Our first exhibition was work by Ron Mueck. His work is amazing and detailed in the extreme.
Lunch at the members' cafe then down to the Tank which is sporting a children's playground created from found objects. It was packed due to school holidays but was amazing.
Time then to look at the old gallery where all 4 kids spent time drawing some wonderful things and Heather made a 3D construction from the drawing paper.
This morning the 4 ladies left after breakfast and I then got to with the washing and packing the car ready to leave. Alec will be housesitting while I am away so all will be looked after here for me.






That's a better size car for you...... Yummo for the quince paste and lovely visitors.... See you soon
ReplyDelete