Watching Nature

Wednesday, 1 April 2026

Stuff and Nonsense

 For the past month and more Desley and I have been clearing Mum's unit. She has now moved to a nursing home at King's Cross and it is really easy to get to for both of us.

In the process I have inherited a computer chair and another printer.


But also lots and lots of bits and pieces which I spend my evenings sorting through.


I hope Monday/Tuesday next week sees the end of the sorting. Desley and I are both over it.

Following the harvesting at Underhill last week I have now made a mint jelly batch.


And this morning finished a chutney batch which I am calling Autumn Fruit & Ginger Chutney.


At lunch time I went to visit Mum. She is OK but my car is not. While parked at Allawah Station a huge tree branch fell on my car, wiped out the mirror and also two side panels.



By the time I got back to the car all the tree mess had been cleared away (I guess by council) and the police had been called.


Since finding this I have been on the phone for hours with a lovely lady at NRMA Insurance who just handled it all except for the bit with George's River Council which has been very difficult.

I now have a hire car for 7 days and my car will be towed away tomorrow to the repairer. 

I really hope I have my car back in time for my trip to Baradine but with Easter in the mix I will be really surprised if I do.

I also don't quite know how I will pick up all the gear I still have at Mum's.

These things are sent to try us I guess and we learn patience and positivity. At least I was not in the car when it happened. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! What a mess. I do hope you can get it all sorted. Things are trying at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You didn’t need that. No time is a good time for things like this, but this timing is especially awkward. Fingers crossed it is sorted relatively quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. That is mo fun. I am so sorry you have to deal with a damaged car and trying to move stuff without one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Your poor car. So glad you were not in it at the time.

    ReplyDelete