Last Saturday I had lots of visitors. Elaine came in the morning then Luke and Carissa arrived to say hello.
While they were here Arianne, Josh and Arthur arrived on their way through to visit a friend in hospital. It was great to see them again and to be introduced to Arthur. Luke and Josh were able to extract my jigsaw board from its hiding place so out came the first jigsaw.
We started one of the jigsaws Kerrie had brought down last week. The pieces are all different shapes and are not intuitive at all. With lots of time on my hands I was able to finish it in a few days.
Jen and the girls came for a sleepover Saturday night which was also fun.
On Sunday Alex and Artie came for some beginner patchwork lessons for Artie and after we had started it she took it home to finish. As she had already bought a bundle of fat quarters we worked with those and chose some of my bits to augment her collection. She has really taken to it and has finished her first block.
She is coming back on Sunday for her next lesson.
Monday morning Cathy came to clean and on Tuesday afternoon I had another rehab session of gym and hydrotherapy. On Tuesday morning I started the next jigsaw. It is great to move to while waiting for transport or avoiding watching too much TV.
And so my time fills. I don't want to wish my life away but it is only 2 more weeks before I see the surgeon for a progress report.
Thanks to all those who have visited, rung, messaged and emailed. I appreciate the interactions with friends and family.
Jigsaws and visitors sound like a great way to pass the time.
ReplyDelete