Watching Nature

Friday, 21 February 2025

Beginning Week 6 Post Op

 Yesterday was the beginning of Week 6 post op and I had a very busy day.

Cathy came to help in the garden and she was able to reach the broken and dead branch of the Grevillea while I stuffed all the bits into the green bins. We now have 2 well packed green bins ready to go out. Unfortunately the tree is now a bit lopsided.


The next thing was to harvest a bunch of bananas. The tree had broken in the storms a few weeks ago and the bananas were over next door's fence. It was quite an engineering challenge to lever it over to my side as even with both of us trying to lift it, it was not going to budge. The bananas are quite green but should ripen eventually.


The trunk had to be cut up but as there was no room in the green bins we now have a stockpile of banana stems and leaves for next time.

We also harvested a few more pumpkins and some tiny tomatoes.



I have spent some time during week 5 cooking jam to replenish my jam stocks. I now have some marmalades, some savoury jellies and chutney and some sweet jams for you to choose from. Tomorrow I will be making more mint jelly too.

I'm supposed to be doing a 10-30 minute walk each day. On Wednesday I achieved 2x10 min walks but after all the heavy gardening yesterday and achieving the same number of steps as Wednesday I decided I'd done enough. Today I have rehab for 2 hours so I will have achieved my stamina goals for today by the end of that.

I'm still not allowed to drive and have my hip precautions to remember so won't be out and about until the beginning of March. Then I hope life will start in full.

1 comment:

  1. You’ve still been keeping rather busy. Definitely not getting bored. Here’s hoping all goes well with your review at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete