I am now more than 3 weeks post op and home enjoying my hobbies. Twice a week I have 2 hours of gym and hydro for my physiotherapy and have community transport to get to and from those sessions.
I am so blessed with lots of friends and family who have been visiting as well as doing odd jobs for me when they get here. Some come to chat while others come to sew and chat. Some bring morning tea or odd shopping and Kerrie even brought dinner to share before she headed back home up the mountains. Some come a very short distance, like Helen who came from next door when I rang. I needed her to get something from the bottom drawer of the freezer as I am not allowed to bend that far until the end of February.
Cathy and Rob came to mow the lawn on Thursday and Cathy did lots of gardening to fill my green bins. Then she drove me to and from the GP for my post op check up.
Nathan, the builder, came to fix the leak in the sink last Saturday and it looks as though that problem has now been solved.
I enjoyed an early morning zoom this morning with Chooky and friends which was lots of fun.
Jelly legs occur after hydro but I have no pain and no pain meds most of the time. If I need anything it is 1-2 paracetamol. Of course I am on anti-clotting asprin for a week or so still.
Healing and recovery continues well and the doctors I see are pleased with my progress. I see the surgeon again near the end of February and hope to be given the all clear to drive after that.
Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

That’s great news that you are progressing well and receiving lots of support. Let’s hope you get that all clear at the end of the month.
ReplyDeleteI have just spent some time reading your updates and I’m so glad things have been going well Betty! I’ve been praying for your recovery. Also, we had Messiah highlights at St Stephens last Sunday, so I was thinking of you fondly during that. See you at church soon. Pip x
ReplyDelete