After Barre left on Wednesday morning and then a visit to see Mum, I was able to concentrate on rubbish removal as I had booked a collection for this coming Monday.
On Thursday Cathy came and together we carried out all the rubbish I had stashed but also the termite (all now dead) ridden remains from the back corner of the garage. A few months ago I was clearing in the garage and noticed termite mud had glued the various oils and varnish tins into the shelving unit in the back corner. The boxes used as extra shelves were also leaning badly into the table top. I had a termite inspection and the report said their was no sign of active termites. I had already bombed and waited because life had become extremely busy and I had a few holiday trips planned.
I have a metal shelving unit ready for the space but we thought it would be prudent to wait again to check that no termites were moving in again. Hopefully they will now be dead. I do have some baited inspection tubes outside the garage and if they get any action in them I'll put the poison blocks in there and monitor for activity.






No comments:
Post a Comment