Tonight I will be keeping warm by sewing a label onto my Jewel Quilt.
I made this quilt using a simple 9-patch block. In each block I included a leader-ender patch in 3 corners and a zinger fabric in the 4th corner. The centre of each side was a 'white' and the centre of the block was a dark/rich plain fabric. When the 9-patch is cut in half vertically and horizontally then re-arranged this is what happens! Lots of fun to do and nowhere near as tedious as it looks.
The border fabric was a gift and the binding fabric was one I bought and was going to use as sashing between the larger blocks but it detracted from the fun in the quilt. It matches the quilt so well. However, because it was a bit narrow I added a strip of lime green to the back which frames the back beautifully.
Stephanie quilted this one for me so all those little pieces should hold together well.




Great finish. Love the way you did the binding.
ReplyDelete