Watching Nature

Monday, 13 May 2024

A few weekends away and some maintenance at home

 Life has been very full over the past few weeks. Last weekend I took my friend Barre down to Berry to visit mutual friends while he is visiting Oz. Rain was in full swing but I did get a few opportunities to take some photos.





The weekend before I visited Kerrie in the Blue Mountains and went to her significant birthday party hosted by her brother and his family in their beautiful home.




Spattered amongst this I have had some maintenance done at home. Firstly some LED downlights put in in the back bedrooms and the fan in the lounge room changed as the old one had decided not to turn off when I only wanted the light on. Then there was an issue with the new one - the only light value of the three available ones was the cold harsh light option. So the fan had to be replaced again. Now that all works.

This morning I had batt men come and install batts in my upstairs ceiling. It has been appallingly hot up there in summer and we had all assumed that there were batts installed when the upstairs was built. A few weeks ago I had a termite inspection done and the report had a few photos in it that made it very clear there were no batts.

Now I have a lovely doona in the ceiling which should protect us all from boiling all summer. The batt man took photos of the finished job and details of what has been done around all the downlight areas. I really hope this all makes a difference and that the house does not burn down.


My current produce, when I can get out in dry enough weather to pick it, includes chocos, limes, lemons, grapefruit but no eggs! If you'd like any just contact me and we can arrange a time for you to come and collect some to share.


1 comment:

  1. busy busy........the roof batts sure made a difference to our house......we had old insulation that had flattened down to much and was not much use.

    ReplyDelete