Watching Nature

Thursday, 2 May 2024

A new home for an old quilt

 Back in 2005 I bought a quilt at the Bungonia Markets. Marion wanted it but could not take it home to the USA with her so I kept it and she and Barre slept under it when they visited us on many occasions.



This quilt then inspired a quilt that our group made as a Round Robin quilt which we donated to St George Hospital Fundraising - Cancer research.



Since Marion was no longer able to visit us and I have not had a bed large enough for it the Bungonia quilt has been stored in my sewing shelf waiting.

Yesterday when Jen was here she asked if I could make her a quilt for their new guest bedroom. After lots of discussion about colours, feel, and so on I was showing here various quilts I had and then I saw this one and she immediately said she loved it. It now has a new home on her king single guest bed.


So the Bungonia quilt did not have to leave the family and will help to create a beautiful welcoming space in their new home. Now there is just a floor to declutter to complete the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment