Watching Nature

Thursday, 14 March 2024

Cooking while the sun shines

 Today I am stuck at home while my car is having its annual service.

Today the sun is shining and I use solar power.

What better to do than cook...

I did all the preparation work after delivering my car then at 10am (when my solar generation is well underway) I started a slow cooked batch of meals.


So I now have 5 for the freezer and one for tonight.

I made some frittata muffins for lunch tomorrow.

I was able to use the heat in my oven and avoid wasted pre-heating for a 5-cup slice and a lemon-almond meal tea cake.


I will ice the tea cake tomorrow.

I have now opened up the top of my stove and am boiling up a batch of Waste Hack Bitters Blocks for long cool drinks when served in sparkling mineral water. I'll be straining the liquid tomorrow then pouring it into ice cube trays.

Now I think it is time to vege in front of TV for a bit until the car is ready to collect.


No comments:

Post a Comment