For the last week there has been lots of chop and chat but in the last few days it has been basically just chop while listening to my practice music for Easter.
Yesterday I boiled up some of my 'exploding' apples to make apple sauce then I spent about 2.5 hours chopping apple pieces for the drier overnight. These are now ready for my muesli mix next time I make it.
This morning I made a batch of 'Autumn Jam' in an attempt to remove many small amounts from the freezer. In the batch there is quince, nashi, plum, medlar and native currant.
This afternoon I boiled up roughly cut 'exploding' apples and strained the result. The chooks love the skins and cores...
There were two lots of fine apple pulp which could have been more apple sauce. But I decided to make some fruit leather.
It is now drying and can be cut up once dry for snacks or to chop smaller for muesli mix.
Only 3 huge trays left. If anyone would like any to experiment with just let me know.
Trying to think of all the things you can do with them...... 😂
ReplyDelete