By Monday evening after sessions with Elaine and with Stephanie we had emptied 2 trays of fruit and I had lots cooked or in pans ready to cook.
The surgeon was amazed at my healing and remarked that I was about 4 weeks ahead of what he would expect at just 2 weeks after the op.
So I came home and made a batch of mint jelly and it is yummy.
Lots more chopping then Stephanie came for another chop and chat session and we enjoyed dinner together again. It is so nice to share a meal with friends.
I now have about 5 large trays of apples and about 2 dozen quinces to process. I think there will be lots of apple sauce, quince jam and quince paste to make from the freezer later this year.
I am running out of jars for jam so if you'd like jam (or other produce) just bring empty clean jars minus their labels please.



Full steam ahead in production.........
ReplyDelete