It is still school holidays so I have had fun with the girls here. Since I have been able to put the doll's houses out we've had fun and have now started decorating the patchwork shop that has been empty for years. Surrey used to buy be bits and pieces for the doll's houses for birthdays and Christmases and much of it was in a drawer upstairs so we've had fun exploring the drawer and singing Happy Birthday together. This is our progress so far with the Chook Patch patchwork shop.
Another task last week was to sew some red/green stoles for the choir at church. So another sewing bee was called and Kathryn, Caroline and I worked in the upstairs sweat shop all day and finished seven of them. This is when the fabric ran out.
There is another sewing bee needed for the next colour set of blue/black but of course that will take multiple days. First we need to choose an appropriate blue fabric as the robes are also blue and the stoles will need to be seen against it.
Then, after an exhausting few weeks I thought I'd have Anzac Day off but Geoff and I decided it would be a good opportunity to do more work sorting his garage so while girls were off visiting Jen's parents we got down and dirty and did about four hours of sorting. Most satisfying for both of us and a great opportunity for one-on-one chat.











No comments:
Post a Comment