Watching Nature

Sunday, 22 August 2021

Yesterday I finished

 I have been working on a quilt during lockdown to use up some of the tiny scraps of fabric I (and my friends) sew together as Leaders and Enders when we are sewing upstairs. The basket load was getting rather large so I chose a Snail Trail block with tiny squares in the centre and larger squares (which I had cut and stockpiled from other scraps) to make the triangles.

Once I had put all the blocks together you could not even see the hole in the basket so I decided to make borders from the Leaders and Enders as well. Now I have used about half the basket of tiny pieces. 

I'm quite pleased with the result which reminds me of waves on a never ending ocean. 

The project taught me a lot about contrast - not only in light and dark but also in colour and size of print. It also highlights how our brains can fill in patterns where pieces are actually not there.

I think I'll call it Bits and Pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment