Watching Nature

Saturday, 28 August 2021

Dealing with excess on a sad day

Today I am sad because my Bubble Buddy Stephanie has had a health issue (not Covid) and had to travel to hospital by ambulance  the morning after our day together on Thursday. She was in emergency for a bit but is now at home and visiting various doctors. Because she is out and about in medical circles during lockdown we've decided not to get back together until things settle and she has returned a negative Covid test or two. At least I still have Cathy as my designated Carer to deliver food, go for walks and mow my lawns. Of course we can't get together inside but with masks we can be together but distanced as per the rules.

Two large bunches of bananas in my garden were blown down in recent winds and are now ripening. Unfortunately there are not enough ripe ones to put on the food drier but too many for me to eat. So yesterday I made a Banana Bread which is now sliced and frozen.


Cathy came down with Rob to mow shortly after it was cooked so I was able to package up enough for their family to share when they got home. I also had a slice for afternoon tea and have another slice to today.

Today I decided that the carrots in my fridge were far too many for me to eat before I get my next fruit/veg box (I had 8 large carrots) so I have made 4 muffin sized lumps of frozen, grated carrot for my freezer. I'll use those later in stews or as steamed veggies. Then using another 3 cups of grated carrot I made a Carrot Cake. It looks great but I have not tried it yet. When I licked the bowl it tasted great.

I will slice this and freeze it ready for all my visitors - ha ha ha! When will we be able to have visitors again?

Today I also planted pumpkin, beans and corn in my veggie patch as it is supposed to rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment