Watching Nature

Thursday, 19 August 2021

Experimenting with Cakes for One

 I "went" to a birthday party on Zoom last night and wanted to have something special to "take" to the birthday girl so I picked a bunch of flowers from my garden (the freesias are starting) and I made a Mug Sponge topped with cream and chocolate. I had everything in the house and was quite pleased with the look of the result.

But the taste was not so good.

Tonight we have a sponge baking competition on our Zoom Twilight Happy Hour so I decided to try again. This one worked out much better and from the scrapings around the mug it also tastes good.

The recipe from the NSW CWA was for a chocolate one but after much googling about the science behind replacing cocoa powder in a recipe (I had none) I opted for using the same weight of almond meal/flour. It worked!

When I buy cream I freeze it in muffin trays so I topped it with a cream block and some grated chocolate.

I'll be making this one again and the chooks won't get any this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment