After some uncertainty about whether our holiday could go ahead due to Covid and recent outbreaks in Sydney, Geoff and family and I headed down to Gerroa for our annual beach holiday to end 2020 and start our 2021.
This year it was a different house - Nanny and Poppy's Beach House - because the owners of Seadance decided to close bookings after we had booked. The new house was very nice with fantastic views but too far to walk to the beach with all the gear and small children. So there was always a car trip but I walked there and back each time. Sometimes the little girls even walked down with me.
We did get a swim in every day (I piked out on two days as it was too cold and windy). One day we drove to the Headland and walked along Shelley Beach. The girls enjoyed filling pockets with finds and displaying them in their "museum" back at the house ready to show the other family when they arrived.
Time at the house was spent playing Rummycub and doing patchwork and jigsaw puzzles.
After Ellen and her family arrived there was time for the girls to bond with cousins and I was really impressed with Ivy's colouring of these butterflies.
Trips were made to Gerringong for shopping and to Minnamurra for a walk too.
Now we are all home and ready to start our new year. Hopefully 2021 will be a good one and we'll find ways of spending time together as a family.










No comments:
Post a Comment