Watching Nature

Wednesday, 20 January 2021

Exhausting Doileys

A physically exhausting task today was to sew together the 25 blocks of my Doiley Quilt. I am very pleased with the result and have learned a lot.




I had to move my sewing machine onto the billiard table as it was far to heavy to fit on the narrow sewing bench. Definitely a winter quilt. I then had to stand at the sewing machine to sew it all together.

Now I just have to attach the binding (edge sewing will be much easier than through the centre sewing). Then I will tack down a few of the floppy doiley edges and do some embellishment to cover a few rust marks on some of the antique doileys. And of course there needs to be a label before it can actually reside on the bed.

I have had this quilt in my head for many years and have used doileys and embellishments given to me by many friends and relatives over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment