But boy does it drag when things go wrong.
I've had some wonderful days. Days of long zooms with Chooky's patchwork ladies during which I worked flat out on Alec's bed throw.
The grand girls have been coming for a sleepover each week this year and activities have included cooking, sewing, sorting games and toys and jigsaws. The jigsaw Ivy wanted to keep was a Wasjig puzzle that slowly came together as the weeks rolled on.
I helped Pete and Ellen with the last of the move to just south of Goulburn. When I arrived the house was all closed up except for the kitchen in which they had set up their bed. Ruby thought this was a lovely idea.
The day before, Pete had removed all the carpets and taken them to the tip while he still had the truck so all the rooms had the edge nails to remove before Ruby or furniture was allowed in.
When Pete and I arrived with our two cars full we were able to unload, have a tour and feed the alpacas and llamas before the rain started.
I spied the fruit tree up the back and, thinking they were plums I picked some to take home. They are actually nectarines. A week or so later they are all ripening and taste delicious.
I even had a chance to feed the "Jackson 5" while I was there.
Then Mum ended up in hospital, discharged herself, then was back again the next day. They thought it was heart but it turns out it is pneumonia. The 4-bed ward she is in at the moment has 2 very noisy women in it. Mum gets quite stressed with noise and is very angry. Both Desley and I have decided to keep our visits short as we cannot handle the anger. I pray for peace for her.
The jigsaw is finished except for a few bits of sky which I have chosen to ignore.
Amongst all this one of my power lines decided to trip and when the electricians came (very quickly) we traced it to the cable to the garage. As I rarely use the garage power we decided to disconnect the garage power completely and if I want any power out there I can run an extension cord from my outside powerpoint.
Luckily the girls and I had sorted all the things in their bedroom because we had to find the manhole which meant wheeling one of the beds out and lifting the carpet. Then the two electricians drew straws to see who was going to descend into the tiny space. More sorting to do after that job was complete.
To confuse issues even more I had a dentist appointment to fit my Invisalign braces. That was 1.5 hours at the dentist! Now I cannot eat or drink (except water) for more than 2 hours a day. This is proving quite demanding for someone who usually has 5 small meals per day. I am now on 3 with no cuppa at morning or afternoon tea. The whole process is quite tiring but is now improving. Each time I take them out I have to clean them and my teeth and floss before I put them back in. It is quite a process.
The girls and I were given the job of making 2 dozen cupcakes for Heather's birthday party. That was a lot of fun. I hope the icing was good enough to hide all the issues.
Then it was time to start the next jigsaw. This one has no picture and no edge pieces so will prove to be a bit of a challenge.
Yesterday I had a day completely to myself so I was able to finish Alec's quilt and present it to him when he arrived home from all his travels. It is a scrapbook of our time together in the colour scheme he likes.

Today I am going to have another day to myself to cope with my new teeth routine.
You have had an interesting month with lots of ups and downs. I hope you Mum recovers soon and you can come to grips with your dental routine. It was good to see you on Zoom and the quilt came together so well.
ReplyDelete