After some very hot dry weather I was pleased that my tiny meadow was surviving so well. At the end of autumn I will probably mow it all and have lawn as the Durban grass is growing well underneath the Cosmos, Dill, Marigolds and Buckwheat.
My Fuchsias are also doing well and flowering profusely.
On Sunday Alec and I headed to Underhill for a few nights. On the way down there was a huge hail storm and we had to pull off the road 3 times along with most of the other cars.
We picked the plums that were ripe. Most of them had already fallen.
The following afternoon there was another hail storm accompanied by lots of lightning and thunder and very heavy rain.
To fill our time Alec spent time being a child again.
Then we took a walk to the far dam armed with loppers to cut some of the scrub on the dam walls and we were also able to clear the track down to the far dam. Now at least you can recognise it as a track.
We also spent a lot of time watching "Slow TV" - a double rainbow forming and wildlife passing by occasionally.
One amazing thing was listening to Alec practise the saxophone while the rain and hail made an incredible noise on the metal roof. Unfortunately the video is too large to add here but it does sound great.
It was a great few days despite the weather.
Today I even visited my Mum.
We saw some huge storms hit that area on the radar. Fortunately, we didn’t get them. I’m glad it didn’t stop you from being productive.
ReplyDelete