Watching Nature

Thursday, 18 April 2024

A Happy Birthday - quilting

 I travelled north west with Stephanie and stayed with Jenny in Mudgee...


before arriving at Baradine for a week of quilting called Scrub Stitchin'. When we arrived there was a special afternoon tea with chocolate cake to celebrate two birthdays - Annette and me.


The we all spent 5 days sewing. I hemmed the binding on my Jewel quilt...


and on a little wall hanging for my kitchen...


I made a start on my Woven Jacobs' Ladder quilt using Surrey's shirts.


The project we each did was a zig-zag pattern. Most people are making quilts but I decided to make a table runner. It still needs to be backed and bound. We even found some fabric in Jenny's stash for the binding.


I found time and mesh fabric to fix my pencil case. I bought that in The Lake District in the UK many years ago.


We returned via Mudgee again and spent another night with Jenny and Alex.

In all a lovely way to celebrate a birthday.


1 comment:

  1. Was wonderful to meet you finally Betty...... Glad you had a great time and you got lots done......

    ReplyDelete