Watching Nature

Tuesday, 23 April 2024

Underhill in April

 Last Friday Greg, Ev and I (and Coco) headed to Underhill for a day visit. Greg took some great photos. The first is the laden apple tree which still has lots of apples on it.



The Crimson Rosella's really love them and as I have plenty of apples we left them to it.


We decided to burn off all the weeding we did and use the energy to boil the billy rather than light the stove.


The dead standing tree in the far dam no longer stands. However, three of the trees Geoff and Nathan planted are living and happy. You might need to click on the photo to see them.


Now for some of my pics...


This tree is one we do not know. It is now producing lots of small apple/plum like fruit but they are very green and tart still.


Greg and Ev came well equipped with morning tea and lunch which was very welcome.
 

We did a lot of weeding and my little corner was at the trailer side of the carport. I was able to untangle all the loops of deteriorated hose and take it home for my red bin.


We found this little twiggy nest in the greengage plum tree.


It was great to get down again as it has been a long time since I've been able to. Thanks for the lift Greg and Ev. 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a bit of work was required........and completed.......well done........your reward is plenty of apples to cook up now???

    ReplyDelete