Watching Nature

Monday, 31 August 2020

Dupuytrens again

Back in January 2018 I had two of my Dupuytrens cords on my right hand injected to dissolve them. One worked and one did not. I wrote about this here and here. At the beginning of this year the centre finger cord started to grow a lump so as soon as the Covid situation was clear enough I went back to my hand surgeon who recommended surgery this time.


After day surgery last Friday I was collected by Elaine who stayed with me overnight. 

After two days I am now having fun with my one-hand projects and getting very frustrated with the failings of my left hand which does not live up to the expectations of my right hand brain. There is no pain but I wear a sling which makes simple things like opening containers, dressing and tearing off toilet paper somewhat awkward. I am learning to use  dictation software to type but need to do a lot of editing with the keyboard. I do a lot of laughing with the idiosyncrasies of voice recognition software.

No comments:

Post a Comment