Over the last few weeks I have been sorting my many many cans of paint. Some are nearly empty or very old and will be taken to the next chemical clean-out but most are still usable and I have lots of little and not-so-little painting jobs. So yesterday I opened the Decking Oil and put a coat on my back ramp and my letter box. The letter box actually "drank" a huge amount. The deck had been guerneyed a week or so ago so had to be done.
The next can to open was the Sealer which I needed for the little wooden car that used to belong to my kids and is now much loved by my grand children. The wooden rack that my Dad made needed a coat as the previous coat (probably done 50 years ago) had worn off and the wooden bars would stain anything hanging on them.
Both these items will receive coats of paint as well eventually but at least they are sealed and ready.
At the kerb on my drive I paint two white patches to facilitate finding the drive at night. It is really very difficult without. So while I had a can of white sealer opened I refreshed those patches.
The next job was to seal the inside of my old meter box so that I can mount a light in there and new translucent glass on the door. This will become my front porch light. I found a small sample tub of white paint so after sealing I was able to put two coats on the inside. It is very scrappy and has lots of gaps and holes but none of it will be seen until it is opened anyway. I also have my override switch for the solar hot water in that box still but I only use that twice a year anyway.
I have lots of other painting jobs but only want to wreck one brush at a time so like to do everything with one sort of paint then change brushes. My outstanding jobs will be:
- the second coats on the rack and toy car (some sort of paint)
- the floor of the front porch and front stairs (with something clear, non-slip and nasty)
- my outdoor chairs and picnic table (exterior oil)
- the back wooden door of the garage (exterior oil)
There is always plenty to do but at least in this time of minimal exposure to Covid 19 I have time to devote to these things.
I'll still have lots of paints and oils left over so if you need any for your place just let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment