Watching Nature

Monday, 13 July 2020

2020 Covid Coverlets

I've finished all my little experimental quilts. There are 5 Covid Coverlets and I wrote a poem for the labels...


2020 Covid Coverlets

During 2020 we all stayed home
With time to think and sort, and even then some.

I made some quilts and coverlets
From scraps I’d stored for years,
From orphan blocks and patches.
It drove away my fears.
There was yellow, green, red and blue 
And even a pink one too,
All similar but different and one just right for you.

So enjoy the warmth and comfort
This brings you in the cold.
I hope it brings you lots of joy
Until you are quite old
And the memory of Covid is but a distant one
And you are free to hug your friends 
And gather just for fun.






They are all roughly single bed toppers and backed with polar fleece so are quite cosy. They are coverlets because they only have two layers, no batting as in a normal quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment